Sep 14, 2010

Red Door


Some nut had a vision a very long time ago, like in the year 700. The archangel Michael came and spoke to him and told him to build a monastery on a rock in the middle of an inlet in France. Well it turns out the nut actually did it. This drawing is not the monastery but is a little church along the winding streets of Mont Saint-Michel. Tons of tourists love to watch me draw. As I was sketching, a beautiful French woman who was in her late 60's, stood behind me to watch. She seemed like she was a super model in her younger years. At some point, she put her arms around me and hugged me closely. She put her cheek to mine and began to speak in French. I told her I only spoke English. This did not deter her. She just kept talking and holding me for about 5 minutes. She finally let me go and we smiled at each other. Then off she went. The French don't love tourists from other lands but they sure love me.

13 comments:

art is jokken said...

Just another beautiful drawing! I do enjoy it !

kane said...

More on the way.

dominique eichi said...

Wow you drawing are getting even more beautiful as time goes on !

kane said...

I tried really hard on these ones.

Dzhony_df said...

Это невероятно здорово!!!!!!!

kane said...

I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

I translated
"Это невероятно здорово!!!!!!"

It means "French women are sweet!!!"
Ed Beard

kane said...

You have many skills Ed.

Aaron Mitchell said...

Whoa, these drawings are awesome. The color really bumps these up to another level compared to the ones below. Nice work and thanks for following my site.

Ricardo Pereira said...

I got to say.

WONDERFUL illustrations. You are really an awesome artist, and I wish you the best of luck for you.

Cheers!

Dzhony_df said...

French women can be sweet, as Ed Beard paraphrase my words) But I wanted to say something else: a great job Tommy!!!

De Wilde said...

Some more great drawings! Hope your not struggling to get around with the French fuel strikes.

Seamus said...

Dopeness. I haven't been on your blog in some time and I'm digging where your style is going. Colorful distorto-drawing kicks the butts.