Sep 14, 2010

Gauguin


Yun is a genius at planning trips. Our elaborate vacation went off without a hitch. Every place we went to was great. Every meal amazing. She did it all. I had zero input. Thank god because I would have screwed things up royally. One town she took us to was Pont-Aven. It's the place where Paul Gauguin painted before he went to Tahiti. It was eye-poppingly beautiful. When I went to the Musee D'Orsay I had seen a few of the paintings he did in Pont-Aven. They were fantastic and very different from the Tahiti ones. We only spent an afternoon there so I couldn't do one of my over the top color drawings. I did manage to sit on the street for 2 hours and blast this one out. By coincidence, my Pont-Aven drawings just happen to be different from my Tahiti drawings too. And I haven't even been to Tahiti yet.
Check out this cool blog that did a story about me. It's called Illustration Pages.

5 comments:

ProperAgenda said...

I really enjoy your blog, keep up the good work

Helen Ström said...

I enjoy your stories and your drawings! Two hours to draw out of one and only afternoon in one place that's a good "rate", if we could say soo. You must be hungry to draw everything you see and that's what's doing it possible for you to take your time to "just do it"?

art is jokken said...

Very nice !!!

kane said...

You're right Helen but I also want to enjoy the places I'm in. When I draw it is very draining.

SKIZO said...

Great
Work