Sep 13, 2010

French Food



Yun and I took my parents and Yun's mom on a trip to France. The first night we were in Paris, it was getting a bit late and we were all very hungry. Someone told Yun about a nice restaurant so we decided to find it. We walked far to get there and the parents were wearing out. The problem was they had no tables left when we got there. We were all disappointed and starving. We walked down a tiny little empty side street and said let's go into the first joint we see. There was a very small bistro that held about 20 people. There were only about 6 people inside. As we crossed the street to enter, I could see a table on the sidewalk right next to the front door. A guy was sitting there having a drink. All of a sudden I realize it's Gerard Depardieu. Yun glances at me in disbelief. Here we are, in Paris only a few hours and we're eating right next to France's biggest movie star. It was a good start to our vacation.

7 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Fancy that! I suppose the place had decent food then.

Anonymous said...

in case anyone is curious, we were at Bistrot Landais on Rue du Cherche-Midi near St. Germain.


yun

art is jokken said...

See my post on U.S.

Harkabir said...

you rock buddy, i am actually inspired by your work.

Chantal said...

I have just made a felt Musee d'Orsay for my kids.. needless to say yours looks much cooler! Love your style.

Lydia said...

Hi kane, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Catherine said...

Your artwork is really good. I like the Jardin du Luxembourg. Impressive !

Cathy
French online