Sep 14, 2010

Chateau Living Is The Life For Me


I never stayed in a chateau before. Truth be told, I didn't even know what one was until Yun booked us into this sucker. Chateau Richeux in Cancale France. Man, I could get used to living like this. My parents and Yun's mom were blown away too. It was situated on a cliff overlooking the sea. You could even see Mont Saint-Michel looming in the distance. The vast grounds were stunning. Incredible gardens. Apple and peach orchards. Herb garden, donkeys, sheep and one huge sow. There were trails that led down to the beach. Everything was covered in moss and ivy. The rooms had super modern fixtures. We had our own patio overlooking the water. The hotel restaurant had 2 michelin stars. I don't know what that means but Yun assured me it was good. I drew this sitting on the beach way below the chateau. I just like typing the word chateau over and over. We were all very sad when we had to leave this puppy.

13 comments:

Effy said...

The chateau is gorgeous, but that foliage gave me a wicked case of artist envy! Beautiful!

Cláudia Salgueiro said...

Amazing... love the sky!

Jassy Lupa said...

It could be that France is the most inspirational place on the planet, or you are getting over the top excellent at drawing! Whichever, these drawings are the best you've done in your life! Your wife is a jewel, and I know you know that. What a family time she has planned to inspire you and us too. Thank her for me.

kane said...

Thank you Jassy. That means a lot to me. Yun is the greatest thing to happen in my life. I did get to spend a tremendous amount of time on these particular drawings. Thanks for noticing.

entintades said...

Good work! nice to meet you!!

Mattias Kroon said...

Hi Kane!

I love to travel and have passed France but never stayed there.Now I have good tips on the chateau from you.Nice drawings there...

Welcome to Sweden!

Jordi Borràs said...

Congratolations, your work is very nice!

kane said...

Thank you, it is very nice. Even I agree.

Erica said...

Stumbled across your blog via Urban Sketchers! These are amazing and oh-so-gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them - I was actually in Normandy last month, so seeing your drawings of Mont Saint Michel are making me feel super nostalgic. Never got to stay in a chateau though! Neat-o!

kane said...

I have prints for sale of Mont Saint-Michel in my Etsy store.

Anonymous said...

My Soul to Take film songs [url=http://connections.blackboard.com/people/da5fd18546] My Soul to Take movie posters [/url] where to watch the full My Soul to Take film
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie On Internet [url=http://connections.blackboard.com/people/4da3305e9d] New Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie [/url] Watch Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time On Megavideo

Anonymous said...

baby justin bieber mp3 download [url=http://connections.blackboard.com/people/3874b3d09b]justin bieber baby video download mp4 [/url] baby justin bieber download song

Robin said...

Amazing... love the sky!