Aug 22, 2010

Trunk Show


I wanted to draw something difficult. Yun and I were staying at a house on a lake in the Berkshires. We were in the middle of the woods. It was a little rainy and I was searching for something to draw. I was attracted to the trees. If you really sit and stare at bark, it is so intricate. It can be very challenging to draw, especially the way that I do. The trees were not laid out like that. I would choose one tree and draw it. Then I'd walk and find another and then draw that one. I was composing as I went along. There was moss covering all the rocks. It was a nice little touch to tie the drawing together. I'm so used to drawing cities. I feel nervous in the woods. Deep down I know the Texas chainsaw massacre guy is lurking about out there somewhere. He is sitting quietly in the dark watching me knowing I can't see him.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Kane!

yun

geraldo roberto da silva said...

Nice work!

Clipping Path said...

wow! excellent work! I always like to read your blog post :)

Leslie said...

Yeah, and there's the dueling banjos guy from Deliverance. Eeek!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

Can I use part of the information from your blog post right above if I give a backlink back to your website?

Thanks,
William

Clipping Path BD said...

Although this is a kind of art work but the real strictness of a life to live has been represented here well. Not only a tree but also a human life is to face lot of difficulties. So I thing it is a symbol of struggle of life.

Clipping Path BD said...

A good art work that is somewhat difficult to do for all. Thanks for the sharing.

Attache Pr said...

A difficult art work you have done. Thanking for your effort.

Habib Zaman said...

Simply say, congrats and keep it up!

Clipping Path Job said...

Your design is really awesome that will touch people's heart.