Jul 26, 2010

Something From Nothing


There are times when I want to draw but I am somewhere that literally offers me nothing. One weekend Yun and I took her niece to the bay near my parent's beach house. I drew the kid's bike but then I was stumped. Nothing else was around so I really had to reach into my bag of tricks to try and make something happen. Don't get me wrong, there were a few little bits of garbage around but nothing that will help me make an interesting piece. I started to draw every stupid little thing and then labeling them. I whipped out the old colored pencils and started to work my magic. The finished work is nothing that I set out to do. It happened because I was in a creative box and had to crawl out somehow and this is the result.

2 comments:

kane said...

First time I got no comment in a long time. It got lots on Urban Sketcher and Facebook. Also got over a 100 hits on flickr.

Tina D said...

Cool drawing. LOL I love the label "Old Broad". I'll be sure to come back and see what you draw next.

Thank you
Tina D. Fermin
When you want to be remembered long after the gifts are gone contact TD Gift Solutions. www.tdgiftsolutions.com