Jul 18, 2010

DeBarge Music



One Sunday afternoon, Yun and her mom were just hanging around the apartment. I said, "let's go do something." Translation: why don't you figure out something to do and I'll go with both of you. Yun suggested, Bargemusic. Of course, I never heard of it. Apparently there is some barge in the river near Dumbo where they play classical music. When we got there, Yun and I were the only ones under seventy. Not my kind of scene but what the hell. The first thing I notice about classical music is the second it starts playing, everyone falls asleep. If someone would have asked me, "do you want to go to an old age home and watch fifty old people sleep?" I'd have said no but here I was doing just that. I couldn't see a thing on stage. The rows actually went up in front of us instead of down, thus blocking everyone's view. So what I did was draw all the old people watching the concert with their eyes closed (sleeping). Even Yun and her mom slept through a good deal of it. Yun asked me what I liked the best. I told her the second half. She informed me I prefer Chopin to Mozart. At least I learned that much.

15 comments:

Irina said...

:-)))) Were they snoring?

kane said...

No snoring.

Haley said...

haha, at least you got something out of it =D

kane said...

I learn something new everyday.

cArLa said...

this reminds me of my parents and aunt... they sleep through movies, concerts, etc... thanks for the laughs! LOL

kane said...

I know someone who sleeps through movies too.

Anonymous said...

i think most people were not sleeping but feeling quite queasy since it was actually quite rocky on the barge. in fact, the "box office" for the barge carries Dramamine!

yun

Μαριανα said...

I'm impressed. It is like your sketches reveal interesting aspects of their personality; and it is persuading!

Anonymous said...

Profiles are not pretty, but what a wide variation of chins!

kane said...

and noses.

Clipping Path said...

it was really nice work!

Image Clipping Service said...

It seems to be closed at the original. Great work!

Attache Pr said...

Lovely post and I liked it.

Habib Zaman said...

Cool artwork! nice post...

Clipping Path Job said...

Just thanks to the blog owner as it makes me love to the post.