Jun 20, 2010

Storm King Art Tour


Most people know I'm a decent artist but not everyone knows I'm a bit of an art history expert. Yes, you could say a savant. I can just look at a work of art and instantly tell you who the artist was. The strange thing about it is I've never really studied art history. It's not something I go around bragging about. I'm pretty humble about it. I took Yun to the Storm King Art Center. She was left speechless by the tour I gave her of the sculpture park. Here is a little taste for the rest of you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yours was the best. I see a lot of knock off copies. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Ed Beard

kane said...

A lot of people have tried to imitate my sculpture, trash can. I'm proud to have it displayed at Storm King.

Roadchick said...

The interactive aspect of your sculpture was cool.

I see you forgot to label the honeybee - I think that one is by God. Or John Lennon.

Schwa Love said...

Huh. I was always under the impression that the one by Bobby Brown was made by Ronnie DeVoe. An easy mistake on my part, as they were both sculpting out of the same studio. Oh well, live and learn.

kane said...

DeVoe is a master.

Anonymous said...

I recognize some of the names from my art history class, but a few I'm not familiar with. Your knowledge is amazing.
MKD

SKIZO said...

Sublime