Jun 21, 2010

Sailing Over The Ocean Blue


I sat on a bulkhead staring at a row of sailboats at my parents yacht club. There are no yachts there by the way. In fact, there's only a handful of small boats. It's just fun to call their club a yacht club. A big part of drawing is deciding what to draw. There was lots of sailboats to choose from but I had to chose one that was at the right angle for me to draw. Taking in the size of my paper and the fact that there is a tall mast were all factors. If the boat was too much in profile then it gets too small on my page. The more front on the angle is, the better. I chose this because it was near my bulkhead seat and showed a little bit of side. I liked the window. I also dug the complexity of the trailer. This paper can't take watercolor so I could only color it with pencils. I gussied it up with one of my rubber stamp letters. Haven't used them in a while. Now I'll probably put them in every drawing until I get bored of them again.

5 comments:

Roadchick said...

New Jersey is to yacht club as Spam casserole is to Lutèce...

Great job on the perspectives. . . I was drawing a windmill and did great until it came time to draw the blades and then it all went bad.

joseph's art and stuff said...

AAARRR, and a fine vessel she is! Really dig the trailer too!

allcustom said...

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

Term Papers

Education Agent said...

Very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!

Trevor Peck said...

New Jersey is to yacht club as Spam casserole is to Lutèce... Great job on the perspectives. . . I was drawing a windmill and did great until it came time to draw the blades and then it all went bad.