Jun 24, 2010

Piano Man


A year ago Yun and I were in London. There were a hundred or so pianos randomly placed around the city. Anyone could sit and play them, rain or shine. It was a big hit and people loved it. There were many spontaneous sing-a-longs. Lots of news coverage. Well now they're doing it in Manhattan. There are two outside my office in a tiny little park in Tribeca. I sat out there one lunchtime and drew this nice girl playing. The best part of the drawing is her hair blowing. It was about to storm and the wind really picked up. The hair creates a nice tension in the scene. Her name was Tess, and she was a bit shy about approaching me but she finally did. I could tell she was surprised at the drawing. I wasn't quite done and I think she felt responsible. So without saying anything she sat down again and played for half an hour more. I think just for my drawing benefit. Of course I will send a high rez to her. She can then send it to all her admirers.

15 comments:

ovson said...

Great work! especially like the wings on the sheet music stand.

kane said...

They were really there.

cArLa said...

what a great story! love the drawing too! thanks for sharing.

Nicola Moir said...

Such a lovely blog.

kane said...

It's a decent blog.

Manuel Santos(Leunam) said...

Excellent.
It is a pleasure to revisit your blog.

Leunam

Missy Ricco said...

For me, the hair blowing is the focal point of this drawing. What a lovely idea, to have the pianos just out and about like that. Made for great musing!

kane said...

it's a groovy idea. I think it's now over. Maybe it will come to a city near you.

Anonymous said...

Reads my reviews about male enhancement pills befor your buy male enhancement products that really works and effective to increase your health and better your life. thank you. you can reads this reviews at http://www.male-sexual.com - vimax pills - penis enlargement

Mohamed Samir said...

good, keep it that way dude

Anonymous said...

California auto insurance quotes and information at http://california-autoinsurance.com.

Anonymous said...

Αpρreciation to my fаther ωhο told me on thе tοpic
of this weblog, this webρage іѕ actually аwesome.
Here is my site - http://www.thevidavibe.com/

Anonymous said...

When I οгiginally commеnted Ι сlісked the "Notify me when new comments are added" сheсkboх and nоw each time a
сomment is аdded I get thгee emаіls with the same comment.
Ӏs theгe any ωaу уou can гemoνe
mе fгοm that servicе? Сheerѕ!


Lоοκ at my wеb-site .
.. link building strategies seomoz
my web page - link building software comparisons

Anonymous said...



Feel free to surf to my site buy facebook likes on status

Anonymous said...



My blog post :: buy facebook likes in 24 hours