Jun 27, 2010

Gone Fishing


My youngest brother's name is James. We used to fish a lot when we were young. He had the knack. We'd be on a boat or a pier and he would start to catch fish after fish. I would say, let me stand where you are. He'd agree. Nothing would happen. He would be catching fish from where I was standing a few feet away moments before. I would ask if I could use his rod. No problem. Same result. When it comes to fishing, some people just have the feel, others don't. We were at the Jersey shore over the weekend and we went out crabbing with my father and Yun. I didn't participate because I was drawing. Crabbing is done by tying a little piece of chicken to a string and dropping it in the water. Every few minutes you pull up the string slowly to see if a crab is on there eating the chicken. You bring it slowly to the surface and then catch it with a net. Within two minutes my brother is up to his old tricks. They only seem to be where he is. Finally Yun caught a couple of big ones to break his little spell. Voodoo might work well for fishing but it's a little harder when it comes to crabbing.

5 comments:

cArLa said...

great drawing, i really like the colors of the crab. my favorite is the dragonfly!

larry said...

Crab cakes, garlic crabs or just boiled with some Old Bay seasoning?

BTW, my brother had the same knack. It's so frustrating.

Nice drawing as always.

kane said...

You spotted the dragonfly. Impressive.

Mohamed Samir said...

good, keep it that way my firend

Mohamed Samir said...

good, keep it that way yew