May 24, 2010

News From Bollywood




I had a strange occurrence happen to me recently. One day I checked my email and I got quite a few subscriptions to my YouTube channel. It was very out of the ordinary. I was getting an awful lot of comments on one particular video I had posted. It was a commercial I had done for New York lotto with director Ken Nahoum. The spot was posted on my channel for over a year and only had about 1000 hits. Now when I checked there was 50,000 hits. Something happened but I didn't know what. The next morning it had grown to 100,000 hits. I checked my google alerts (for those who don't know what that is, it's an email notice you get everyday that searches the internet to see if there are any stories about you). Usually there are a couple of things about me but this day was different. I discovered there were tons of articles about Ken and I all over the news in India. Turns out the model we used in the spot ten years before went on to become a huge star in Bollywood India. Some news person discovered my spot on YouTube and turned it into a sensationalized story. The model was nude from behind so they tried to make it seem scandalous. All the news picked up on it. It was even on India TV. In two days I had 250,000 hits. There are a few people from India in my office. I showed them the articles and they were stunned. They said the stories were in the biggest news outlets in all of India. One said she had already read the articles but never in a million years imagined I was the Tommy Kane they were talking about. All I was doing was minding my own business and now I'm embroiled in an international scandal. Britney spears and I have a lot in common.

5 comments:

Μαριανα said...

wow mr. Kane. Extraordinary story for an extraordinary man...

;)

kane said...

There's more where that came from.

Nirja said...

This is crazy awesome =)

A person who shot Bipasha Basu in a video(that too topless) follows my blog, yayyy I feel OH SO SPECIAL!!!! I might blog about you if you don't mind. Bipasha Basu is definitely a big shot in India who is known for scandalous stories. She was caught cheating/kissing Cristiano Ronaldo after the "7 wonders of the world" or something. And the news made a big deal out of that. But this is so funny, you were on the news too. =)

p.s. I really liked the commercial.

kane said...

sure you can blog about me.

Alecia Us said...

Happy New Year. Movie Name: Happy New Year 2014, WATCH MOVIE NOW. Director:Farah Khan, Writers:Althea Kaushal, Farah Khan, Stars:Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan. WATCH MOVIE NOW. Happy New Year.