Apr 13, 2010

Muni Meter


I returned to the scene of the crime. The place where my head was overly sunburned. East Chinatown. My newest muse to draw. The neighborhood is still very untouched. Old Manhattan lives there, away from the prying eyes of tourists and developers. I feel like it's my little secret. The problem with this drawing of The Forward was that I drove my car into Manhattan. Dealing with the parking muni meters is a real problem. The time seems to shoot by. I was parked pretty far from where I was drawing. I was constantly running to put more quarters into that thing and get my little slip of paper. For two hours, you have to put in something like fifty three quarters. I stand there with fists full just feeding that machine. My car is filled with quarters. Recently Yun and I ate in a polish restaurant in the east village. I popped in a hundred quarters, got the piece of paper and put it in the car window. We sat down to eat and I see a parking ticket on my windshield. What? How did that happen in two seconds? I go to the car and see that when I closed the car door the wind had blown the piece of paper upside down. Ugh. Yun fought the ticket and won. The point of the story is leave your car home when drawing in east Chinatown.

7 comments:

Roadchick said...

It's just another plot by The Man to keep a good brother down.

kane said...

I keep sticking it to the man with quarters.

Μαριανα said...

Beautiful drawing as always...

kane said...

It's a pretty good one.

SKIZO said...

once
again
Fabulous
greetings

kane said...

Fabulous greetings to you too.

Anonymous said...

Wow... your blog is so interesting. I just wanted to know how do you monetize it? Can you give me a few advices? For example, I use http://www.bigextracash.com/aft/2e7bfeb6.html

I'm earning about $1500 per month at he moment. What will you recommend?