Jan 18, 2010

The Insider


Yun and I travel to a lot of countries. It's usually for a week or ten days. In that time you can get a nice feel of a place but you can't truly know it. My time in Seoul was eye opening because I was able to spend about five weeks. With the help of friends I was able to really get inside the city. I was quite surprised to find out just how much I love being there. I even told Yun I could live there someday. She looked at me a little funny but it's true. The food is out of this world. The people are gorgeous and I stick out like a looney bird. If I loved it so much when it was 10 degrees, I imagine I would go crazy in the spring time. I'm really hoping to finagle some other trips to my new favorite place.

6 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

the flight over and back are the only things i didn't like about my trips to korea. while i was there i found it hard to get someone to shave my head. my wife's sister owns a beauty shop and she wouldn't cut it down for me. she said, that it would make me look like a criminal. loved this korean series!

kane said...

or a buddhist.

JeffKevlar said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time over here. My wife and I (neither of us Koreans) have been here in Korea a couple of months shy of two years. We plan on staying a third.

Its a great place to live and it has given us many opportunities we would never have been able to enjoy if we had stayed back in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Alya Mark said...

Hey, your drawings are great. I'll visit to check them out whenever I can.
And thanks for coming to my blog:)

Anonymous said...

Like this piece "korean air".
Did u draw it from life or from a picture?
Particularly like the background colour - is it watercolour?
I too believe Koreans r a beautiful race.

Also liked your sketches of Austria: Vienna & Salzburg.
Love the actual places too.
Oh, and waiting at traffic lights felt absurd for me too!
Germany is the same. Actually, in Frankfurt someone told me I was setting a bad example for the children when I just walked on across.
They were standing there smoking.

Found u through on-my-desk.com
like ur illustration best,
keep it up.

BFA Student, Sydney, Australia.