Nov 16, 2009

War Stories


I went out one night with the film crew from New York when I was in Seoul, Korea. They are all guys in their early twenties. At some point I began to tell them some of my old art director war stories. Crazy drunk and debauchery nights with the likes of Lenny Kravitz, Cindy Lauper, David Johansen, Bill Murray, and Robert Palmer. Totaling vintage 1960 Cadillac convertibles on the strip in Las Vegas. Being arrested in Budapest on a freezing cold Christmas eve. Steffi Graph stopping by my apartment to take me to a match at Madison Square Garden. Working with a crazed drunken photographer who actually fell off a ten foot ladder on to his head right in front of me. To me, my stories feel old and tired. I've heard myself tell them a million times. These guys ate it all up and assured me they were indeed hilarious. They said most of the art directors they work with are quite the bores. Also they never met an art director who could draw. It was a great night and I have some new fans. Makes we want to dust off some of my other old tales of mischief.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love your story of debaucherous stories!

inksplodge said...

Even reading these little snippets is tantalising me.

kane said...

Just like in the movie, Down by Law.

Red Jacket said...

Tommy Kane is a Bad Ass!