Nov 28, 2009

Chaiman Kane


The hardest part about blogging is having something to say. I drew these chairs because I was stuck and had nothing else to draw. Now I have to make up something interesting to say. It's hard. I belong to this blog, Urban Sketchers. The site is full of super talented artists. But a lot of times people post drawings and then write, "I was in the subway and drew the people next to me." Or, " I had nothing to do at lunch so I drew my lunch." Or, "There is some nice building in my city I always wanted to draw so here it is." There is a lot of repetition. I am the first to admit I am guilty of this sin myself. I'm not trying to put anyone down. It just seems that the writing portion of this blogging business is very difficult. I mean, it's hard enough dragging your ass onto the street to do some crazy drawing. Now I have to sit in front of my computer and think up clever tales to go with it. Sometimes I just give up. "I had nothing to draw so I drew these chairs." There, I committed the sin.

9 comments:

ChrisF said...

You are never dull Tommy Kane! Such stylish chairs indeed.
As to people on US drawing lunch or whatever...I think that's the point. Drawing and documenting your life whether exciting or dull. Drawing what you see every day in your city. I never find subway drawings dull. Drawing people is my personal bĂȘte noir so I always learn something.

Nirja said...

hahha =)
I have experienced this many times.

btw, Lovely blog.

kane said...

Writers are a rare breed of people. It's hard to clearly put one's thoughts down clearly and precisely. It's a struggle. I keep trying though.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I think the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

kane said...

Clearly the list inform should not.

john.p said...

I guess I view it a bit different. I only draw if I have something to say, not that what I say is very profound. The only problem with my approach is that if there's no idea to write about, there's no sketch, so it reduces my sketch output, which I'm not proud of. Love your blog, though, even when you babble.

Geninne said...

You images speak for themselves...as a matter of fact, they sing to me :)

Anonymous said...

nice-wallpaper
detx v ? dx 24

Weinbergiygj said...

Fax Cover Sheet. to fill in the fields with your information and print it out to use as a cover for your fax packet. A website that has a good collection of fax cover sheets for you to use is FREE. Consider not having to wait a week or much more to find out from your bank for those who got the loan. We just want to help in giving you a same day loans online, paper-free loan for your needs. Fax Ink and Film Well, they are small interim loans that are neither based on chattels nor credit check. Support hours or times is another factor which you should check, at least you know someone will be at the end of the line when you need that help. While on the other hand, fax machines won't be cheap to buy and then you have to worry about getting it installed in your office, wires, cables, software, modems etc.