Sep 14, 2009

Union Jack


Before heading to Lebanon Yun and I made a stopover in London. We did one of my favorite things. Attended a musical. Oliver. I was singing the tunes all day long and driving Yun Lee nuts. "Oliver, Oliver. Never before has a boy asked for more." I know it's queer but I can't help myself. I also sing, "Food glorious food", "Consider yourself at home" and of course the Fagen tune, "I am reviewing the situation." Yun laughs at me but then she finds herself asking me, "what's the words to that one song again?" Then I hear her humming. It's contagious. I got up early and went out in to the streets of Old Soho and did a groovy sketch of a typical English pub.

14 comments:

Oscar Woodruff said...

Nicely Done.

inksplodge said...

Groove...and it's accurate. I can hear you humming from over here in England - keep it up, it's a happy sound, if a little cheesy.

kane said...

I love a good cheese sandwich.

snowman30 said...

The Artful Dodger is such a dude.

kane said...

Jack Wild was the best Artful Dodger.

Anonymous said...

Got him that gig as Jimmy on HR Pufnstuff.
Ed Beard

Sandy Sze said...

You have captured a good sense of Londonness :) I miss there...

raena said...

Well, it beats having "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" stuck in your head!

Great sketch!

kane said...

Usually the theme to, Three's Company, runs through my head. Come and knock on my door, I'll be waiting for you. His and hers and his and three's company too.

spacedlaw said...

Really grrovy!

B Roy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog Kane.

It's always a pleasure to see another street sketcher.

Cheers

BRoy

Leslie said...

I LOVE "Oliver!" I can't help singing all day after seeing it, too. "It's a long, thin, winding stairway without any bannister." and "It's a fine life." Love it.
Fagin is hilarious, Bill Sykes scares me.
Be careful if you see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It'll do the same thing to ya.
Love your blog Tommy.

kane said...

I even liked stupid Mama Mia.

Leslie said...

Hey Tommy,
I wasn't going to say anything, but now I think you might get a kick out of it. I just started blogging a few weeks ago, and I named my blog It's A Fine Life after the song in Oliver!. If you get a second you might like to read my first post. (I've only got three or four now). It's at www.leslie-dicou.blogspot.com.
Has the singing worn off yet?