Sep 14, 2009

Olives


Travel is tough. One always has to deal with jet lag, new foods, money issues and language barriers. During the day it would reach 90 degrees. We would drive 45 minutes higher up in the mountains to visit other villages and in that time the temperature could drop as much as 20 degrees. Yun was getting a bit beat up by it all. I was just the opposite. Everywhere we went, I would eat three times as much as I normally do. Chowing down huge plates of raw meat with mint and raw onions. Pounding Almazas which are Lebanese beers and chasing them with Arak, a strong local liquor. The whole time I'm smoking Cuban cigars. I was always lugging my knapsack filled with my drawing books, folding stool, tripod, cameras and art supplies. Yun would grab a nap and I would draw in the hot sun. She was amazed at my stamina on this trip and so was I. It wasn't until we got home and Yun made me dinner of homemade Spaghetti and meatballs. I was on my fifth meatball when all of a sudden it hit me. It was only 8 o'clock in the evening but that was all she wrote. I stood up, said goodnight and hit the pillow and slept all night. Now I'm good as new.
Also there was a little blurb about me at The Little Chimp Society.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on winning the contest from Chimp Society -- now can they mail it back to you?

yun

kane said...

I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

I wish you health and happiness every day!
Ich wunsche Ihnen Gluck und Gesundheit jeden Tag!
Je vous souhaite sante et bonheur chaque jour!

網路行銷
seo