Sep 14, 2009

Olive branch And The Fig Leaf


We eat so much processed food in America. You never really know what the hell you're getting. I think it's all grown in giant hot houses in New Jersey. We can get all kinds of fruits and vegetables whether they are in season or not. That's not a good thing really. In the mountains of Lebanon, you step foot outside your house and you are standing in Fruit and vegetable heaven. Lately I've been doing drawings like this one where I pick up whatever is on the ground where I am staying and draw it. This was no hot house in New Jersey. One day Yun and I were taken to the very top of this mountain in Lebanon. In the middle of nowhere was an outdoor restaurant. It was quite cold. There was only a thatched roof. The place held like 500 people. I never saw anything like it before and I'm sure I never will. There was endless rows of very long tables. A herd of goats were perched on the side of the cliffs. I looked up and saw a steak knife stuck into the bark of a tree right above our table. Basically we were the only people eating at the restaurant. There was 25 waiters smoking water pipes and staring at us. I'm not sure what really goes on at this place when the two tourists aren't there.

9 comments:

Donna B said...

Hey Tommy, thanks for stopping by my blog. I abso-freaking-lutely LOVE your illustrations! They are so unique and almost animated! I really enjoy your style. Your blog is cool too...congrats on all your trophies! I am still blog challenged and attempting mine to look more interesting. Looking forward to following you...

girl*in*gear studio said...

Tommy, love that you went to Lebanon. That is not a place that I would think to go on vacation, but it sounds very interesting. Your drawings rock. I'm officially heading over to your etsy shop to buy one. Have a great day.

kane said...

Thank you girl.

aminsaim said...

congratulation on you wild adventure. You are lucky to have a supportive partner like Yun with you. Some would spent at the alps or tropical paradise... It is interesting to have an artist view on rare places like lebanon and i am fed up getting the war news from BBC or CNN. Please feed us with more news and pictures from these places and hope you can sketch some friendly faces of the people there...take care both of you.

smallawei said...

G點,按摩棒,
轉珠按摩棒,變頻跳蛋,
跳蛋,無線跳蛋,

飛機杯,男用強精長軟質套,
男用強精短軟質套,充氣娃娃,
男性性感內褲,性感內褲,
自慰套,自慰套,
情趣娃娃,自慰器,
電動自慰器,充氣娃娃器,
角色扮演,角色扮演服,

性感睡衣,情趣睡衣,
性感內衣褲,性感內衣,
內衣,性感內褲,

C字褲,內褲,
性感貓裝,性感睡衣,
貓裝,吊帶襪,
情趣內褲,丁字褲,
SM道具,SM,

震動環,潤滑液,
情趣禮物,情趣玩具,
威而柔,精油,
逼真按摩棒,數位按摩棒,

加盟,免費加盟,
網路賺錢,情趣加盟,
情趣,情趣用品,巴黎,

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

BTW, try Bluetooth blocker to jam all spy devices in your room or office.

Stevevhhu said...

congratulation on you wild adventure. You are lucky to have a supportive partner like Yun with you. Some would spent at the alps or tropical paradise... It is interesting to have an artist view on rare places like lebanon and i am fed up getting the war news from BBC or CNN. Please feed us with more news and pictures from these places and hope you can sketch some friendly faces of the people there...take care both of you.