Sep 25, 2009

Nothing Up My Sleeve


We also traveled into the mountains of Lebanon and stayed a few days. It was a sleepy little town whose only source of electricity was a single generator. The power was constantly going out. Everyone in the town seemed to be related. Each person I met was introduced as their cousin. Word quickly spread that an artist was in their midst. Like I previously stated in an earlier post, people in Lebanon really love people who can do art. The first thing I did was draw the house where we were staying. Everyday more and more "cousins" showed up to see me in action. Adults and kids alike. The kids loved to sit one inch from me, constantly bumping and hitting my arms and hand by accident while I tried to draw. One man brought his whole family to meet me. He even called me a "gentleman." I had become so popular that a friend of ours said I could probably get elected mayor of the town. He was not even kidding. The only problem was that every town was full of posters with politicians faces on them. Yun asked about one poster in particular and we were told that he was not a politician. It was someone who was shot dead. It was a memorial poster. He said that you only get on a poster if you are a politician or if you are shot dead. That was enough for me to end my bid for mayor. The highlight in the little town was when a musician (cousin) wanted to show his gratitude to me for letting his son watch me draw by coming over to perform live. It was amazing. I loved it and best of all I got to show off my dance moves for my new friends. What a blast.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how i miss those sleepless nights, of the howling lebanese wolves and the coughing generator!!

Pequete said...

Another great drawing! How I'd love to see a "Tommy Kane draws in Lebanon" movie...

kane said...

It's coming.

Anonymous said...

Me and my cousin can't wait to see it.
Ed Beard

Theodore Arz said...

That's a lovely drawing. Mind if I use it in a post sometime?

Perkins said...

The decision to develop an electric forklift to match the abilities of IC models is bold. Komatsu think that there are plenty of operations looking to make their fleets more environmentally friendly, either because a green agenda or to harvest the inherent savings. Replacing an outdated fleet with models that require far lower maintenance costs, and do not rely on increasingly expensive fuel could be a tempting prospect for some, but the issue remains whether these savings are outweighed by the initial cost of replacing one's entire fleet. You will come across plenty of lifted trucks in the market which will offer you with various mechanisms, engines and other equipments. The electric motor and the counter weight are the most popular among the Lift trucks. Another part is truck proper which has an amazing driven mechanism for transmission and lots of wheels attach to it. The electric truck is found to well verse with good programmed operations which is run by the LPG or diesel. Conveyors can be installed almost anywhere, and are much safer than using a forklift or other heavy machines to move materials. They can move loads of all shapes, sizes and weights, which when done by human labor would be excessively strenuous and expensive. In addition to saving strain on employees, most conveyor systems also have advanced safety features to prevent accidents. When you are searching for the right premises for warehouse space for your organisation, it's really a obstacle. Of all the crucial questions you need to consider, the most essential one is "What is going to be the main use for the warehouse and precisely how big does it need to be? 8. All cleaning equipment is neatly stored and is readily available when needed.