Jul 7, 2009

Let It Rain


Even though it rained the entire time I was in Maine, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I just have to change the way I draw. There was no way I could just sit outside somewhere and sketch Maine. We are talking crazy thunderstorms. So what I did was find little objects on the ground that represent the place I'm hanging out at. Then I proceeded to make a little collage drawing and do a lot of writing on it too. A journal of sorts. I would never have done something like this without the rain. So thank you rain.

8 comments:

kate b. said...

mmm makes me want lobster now

kane said...

Bisque or chowder?

Reggebah said...

They do say that the rain in Maine falls mainly on the ground.

Apple-Pine said...

well, I think this rain worked out just great ;) I like various backgrounds very much and lots of text too ;)

Mark Hill said...

The rain in Maine
falls mainly on the
Kane....

Wonderful drawing, forgive the bad poetry...

The colors are awesome!

kane said...

Love the poem.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tommy - United Airlines really needs your help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Andrea said...

I love how your big words are made of Aspen branches ... they are Aspen trees, right? I hope I have that right.

The video really adds to these drawings, thanks for posting it.