May 26, 2009

Waitng Room


I did manage to make a few drawings this weekend. There was also time for a few new movies too. This drawing I did in the waiting room of a hospital. I couldn't find anything to draw. I noticed the orchid, so I sketched that. It wasn't until later that the receptionist sat down and I could only see the top of her head. Then I realized that I wanted to draw her also. I love the tension in the drawing. Her staring at a computer screen that is not seen in the drawing. It happened organically. Turned out pretty good I think.

13 comments:

rocketRefund said...

It did turn out really well! very interesting composition, good thing the receptionist came to work that day!

Tommy Kane said...

I was 2 feet away and she never even noticed me.

dominique eichi said...

This is a great piece, such a great composition and the stare/focus is well portrayed.

kate b. said...

so wonderful! hope all is okay... seeing that you were at a hospital

Dibujador said...

nice composition!
I like to start drawing without any idea about what is going to happen later.

Tommy Kane said...

I never know what is going to happen.

NM said...

This is really nice. you can notice how it happened organically. Its nice to see some black and white drawing as well. I like it a lot.

Tommy Kane said...

Black and white is my roots.

Paul Heaston said...

Just awesome. Embracing what I would've considered to be a terribly frustrating compositional situation.

Tommy Kane said...

A composition nightmare.

yixiazi said...

Excellent cropping on the composition. Love the hatchery too!

jared matthew kessler's blog said...

Great stuff.

joseph's art and stuff said...

very cool, you are the man!