Mar 31, 2009

Pet Shop Boys


Yun found us a great hotel to stay in Barcelona. It was right on the main drag called La Rambla. When we stepped out of the cab the first thing I saw was all of these crazy outdoor pet stores. There was many of them all lined up in a row on either side of the Rambla. Each is it's own little self contained unit. They all have fish tanks, rabbits, turtles, mice, hamsters, parrots, finches, parakeets, chickens, roosters and on and on. No cats or dogs. At night each unit closes up and is locked with all the animals inside. It's a bit wacky. During the day it's so visually interesting. I'm not sure who thought this up but it's wild. People love going along and petting all the bunnies. A block or two away is the flower district. Tons of similar stalls but all filled with plants and flowers. Sprinkled in amongst all of this are tons of street performers. One morning I got up really early to go drawing. As I walked alone along the street at seven in the morning, all the roosters were crowing from inside the locked up units. It was very surreal.

video

9 comments:

angeltreats said...

This brings back lots of memories of our honeymoon in Barcelona last August. We saw a hedgehog in one of the pet shop stalls. It had the biggest ears I've ever seen. Hope you liked Barcelona as much as we did :-)

Tommy Kane said...

Hard not to love Barcelona.

Dzhony_df said...

I like these your reports on travel! I applaud!!!

Tommy Kane said...

Thanks for the applause man.

Dzhony_df said...

welcome to my blog! Will see Russia what it is through my drawings. Virtual travel through ocean)))) http://myintrs.blogspot.com/

Tommy Kane said...

Never been to Russia.

raena said...

I've been watching your blog, quietly, for several years now. I love your work and I'm so excited that you found your way to my site! Your style is so unique that if I see one of your drawings elsewhere I immediately think, "that's a Tommy Kane"!

elvia montemayor said...

Hello, I would like to thank you for the stickers, they have arrived to Mexico safe. I will post the pictures as soon as I figure out where would I paste them.
I would like to know more about your drawings and your art materials like which sketchbook you use and your pens or ink. Please, please!
elvia

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社