Oct 26, 2008

Return To Portrait Party



There is a great website which most of you know about. It is The Portrait Party. It's run by my friend Rama Hughes. A long time ago Rama contacted me and asked if we could swap portraits. I agreed and a website grew out of the idea. Anyway, I love the site so much I thought it would be fun if I drew Rama again. So I contacted him. He loved the idea of us drawing one another again. Here are my sketches of Rama. The first one I did just didn't look like him. I misfired. So I did a second one which is much better. I thought it would be fun to share my mistake. It's good to know that even skilled artists screw up once in a while.
I am always looking for people to follow my blog. If you become a follower, I'll become a follower of your blog.

10 comments:

Jassy Lupa said...

Just wanted to let you know that I come to your blog daily for inspiration. I know the work that you pout into it, and just wanted to let you know it is well appreciated. One of my favorite things to do of late, is go to the artist's links, one by one, and just admire and absorb inspiration. I then find it impossible NOT to open my daily sketch book and make an entry. What a great world that we can get gallery level work right in our own living rooms. THANK YOU TOMMY!

Jassy Lupa said...

POUR (hate when I have typos)

Tommy Kane said...

I'm a typo man myself. thanks for the kind words. It inspires me to keep going.

Janiece said...

Great again!

LitPark said...

Beautiful. And I like his nose in the second one because it's like he's doing that Bewitched thing.

Tommy Kane said...

I like his nose because I made him look like a drunk.

Thornsoaper said...

I follow you!
YOu could theoretically follow me, too, if I ever updated.
I love Portrait Party, I'm up there somewhere, too. My friend Ansley and I drew each other.

C.B. Canga said...

nice work here

Tommy Kane said...

Thanks C.B.

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社