Sep 14, 2008

Honey Cove


Over labor day weekend Yun and I went to the Hamptons to see some old friends of mine. Ken Nahoum and Basia. They have two young boys ages four and six. They are very much into boats and fishing. Who isn't? The only problem is their dad is clueless about the sport. With the help of a nice couple, Joe and Virginia, who happened to be fishing in a boat near Ken's dock, I got a lesson in what to do. From then on we caught tons of white perch. I had as much fun as the kids. I managed to do this drawing of Basia fishing from their boat. Not easy to do with little kids wanting all of my attention. The great thing about the boys is that they can drive their dad's boat around. It's a very funny site watching these little midgets commandeering the boston wailer. All in all a successful weekend.

5 comments:

odd chick said...

Found you from Anetka's blog and your sketching is awesome - in fact, it's not even ranked in my book as sketching, it's far beyond that... you're what I want to be when I grow up - well, you and Anetka!

Tommy Kane said...

Beautiful compliment, thanks.

LitPark said...

I want to be that girl in the boat.

Tommy Kane said...

We all do.

Anita Davies said...

Such a fantastic sketch Tommy, love your style.