Sep 14, 2008

Crash


I haven't been in a car accident in thirty years. A few weeks ago I was sitting in my car in a parking space minding my own business. Suddenly a car backs into the same spot I'm in and takes out my front bumper. Turns out it was a little old lady. She was in her late seventies and very shaken about the whole thing. I told it was no big deal and let her go. It only cost me two hundred bucks to fix it. The other day I had to take a cab home from the city. I'm sitting in the back seat spacing out, and BANG. A hummer takes out the rear end of the cab. I got out and walked the last few blocks home. Several days after that, Yun and I were driving home from the beach. Traffic stopped on the Long Island expressway. I came to a full stop and all of a sudden the woman behind me decided not to stop at all. Boom! Took out my whole truck and bumper and smashed my car into the SUV in front of me, taking out my whole front end. Oh well, that's life. All I can do is go through the motions of getting it all sort out. It's a pain but at least no one was hurt. Now that I've been banged up so many times in a row maybe I'm due for a few years of accident free driving. Can lightning really strike four times? I hope not.

13 comments:

Cassie said...

Glad you and Yun weren't hurt.

Nita said...

3 times! Surely you're clear now for a lo-ong time!

Anonymous said...

Edy the Honda took care of you. My Honda took car of me similarly a few years ago.

Ed Beard

Tommy Kane said...

Now we have a new Toyota Rav4. Very safe and sound.

d.price said...

maybe you should get a hummer. hobo

Tommy Kane said...

I'd look like a dork driving one.

Marcia said...

only scum drive hummers

glad you and Yun are ok.

Tommy Kane said...

Hummers do suck.

LitPark said...

Glad you're both okay. Looking at your car, I'd say the babe owes you for the duct tape.

Anonymous said...

edy lives.

yun

Tashai said...

Sounds like my luck lately...but that's in the past. BTW: You know you can sketch when images of your beat up car look good.

About ALawPro.com said...

Sorry about that last post, I guess I was under the impression that you needed a car accident attorney in Los Angeles CA. I didn't realize you weren't in the area. Good post anyway.

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社