Aug 22, 2008

The Wire


My friend Butch Belair told me the best show on television ever is "The Wire." He bought me the first two seasons and told me to watch them. I popped in the first episode and I wasn't too impressed. Then I had to force myself to watch the next few episodes. At a certain point it took hold. I couldn't get it out of my head. It really is the best show on television. Yun became addicted too. We are finally on season five, which happens to be the last season. If anyone out there has never watched The Wire. I highly recommend you start. You will not be disappointed. My drawing is of Omar, one of the main characters on the show. It is filled with the most brilliant cast of unknown actors you will ever see. The writing is genius.

8 comments:

white^rabbit said...

I too was lured in by the "it's the best show on television". But I too had a tough time getting into it on the first episode. Man am I glad I persisted! I ended up watching five years in one month.....! Talk about an addiction.

One quick clarification that you pointed out later. Omar is not a dealer (as you mentioned in the beginning). He robs dealers.

Many thanks for the Omar drawing. It made my morning to see his face again after so many months.

Enjoy the final season! It's a killer.

The farmer in the dell....the farmer in the dell...

Tommy Kane said...

Good point about Omar. I already finished the final season. It was awesome.

Señor R said...

Hello

Nice sketch.....and drawings.

Good bye

Tommy Kane said...

Hello and goodbye, senor.

Sherri said...

very cool portrait. i always enjoy your illustrations and posts. hope you don't mind if i link to your blog from my site.

pablo pablo said...

great artworks!

Andrea said...

I am just starting to watch this, thank you netflix! Great drawing of Omar!

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社