Jun 8, 2008

Sunset Strip


When I went to Los angeles the first time, it was with my friend Ken Nahoum. He was a hot shot photographer at the time. It was over twenty years ago. We were constantly shooting low end celebrities. I was always ending up at dinner in places like Audrey Hepurn's sons house or getting into fights with Jack Palance. Wacky things seemed to always happen to me. Anyway the point of the story is that Ken I would usually end up here, in this old strip joint. It's the strip club Motley Crew wrote the song, Girls Girls Girls, about. Nice to know that it is still standing.

9 comments:

Stephen Gardner said...

I can feel the sun beating down on me. Great drawing.

Marcia said...

I really like this one. Looks like that sign is from one of those 50's googie buildings.

on being the only person not in a car: sometimes I think the only place worse than dallas is l.a.

Tommy Kane said...

Dallas is friggin hot.

Felicity said...

Those nuns would be real angry! ;) It's really strange when cities don't encourage pedestrians, makes them soulless places. (A lot of the (Arabian) Gulf countries are modelled on the US road system too). Btw, I love your header today - that and the 'punk pencils' are my faves!

Tommy Kane said...

I did that header at work, I had a little free time.

shane said...

Do you lay down the black outlines after you apply color pencil?

By the way, I just discovered your work and I'm a fan!

El polaco scalerandi said...

beautifull job
congratulation
el polaco

Tommy Kane said...

No. First thing I do is draw with a black pen. then I color it just like a coloring book.

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社