May 11, 2008

Reunion


Many centuries ago I had a favorite cousin. Her name was Eileen. We hit it off and always looked forward to hanging out together. After I went to college we drifted apart. Mostly because I was mental. A few months ago I got an e-mail out of the blue. It was her. She found me because of my google power. She thought about me, typed in my name and bingo. I was thrilled to get the e-mail. We saw each other for the first time in thirty years. She had a birthday party recently and Yun and I went. There were many more of my cousins I hadn't seen in decades. It was thrilling to say the least. Eileen and I speak every week now. We don't want to ever lose each other again and we won't. I guess we never really lost each other, it was just on hold. When we hang out it's like a day never went by. She has an incredible family with two amazing kids. Happy Mother's Day Eileen.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

You are simply the best! Thank you for that,first Mother's Day gift that made me cry. This has been one amazing year. Looking forward to many many more "reunions" with you and Yun. Love you Guys!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good weekend, Eileen! Hope to see you soon!

yun

Tommy Kane said...

Things are good now that I have my membership card back.

Anonymous said...

Nice Koufax.My Dad was a huge Dodgers fan, Drysdale and Koufax were worshipped in my house.

Ed Beard

Tommy Kane said...

The Mets could use him right now.

stu said...

belissimo drawing.

Vincenzo said...

"The Mets could use him right now."

...at 72 I don't think that fastball is as effective as it once was ;)

Terrific drawing!!

Tommy Kane said...

Even if he could throw 72 miles per hour we'd take him.

Kathy Weller said...

you got the pitchers' arm DOWN.