Apr 21, 2008

Rembrandt


Now that Yun and I are all unpacked and settled in I have been doing a lot of painting. Not the kind you would imagine, with me standing in front of my easel but rather the kind that has my ass up on a ladder painting the walls of our new apartment. As a house painter I have mad skills. In fact I may be the best in the world. We now have twelve foot ceilings and I have painted the living room, kitchen, two bathrooms and hallways. I've done it all with a three inch brush and no drop cloth. That's right. When we left out last apartment I painted the whole thing with a small brush and no drop cloth too. I hang by one foot high over our furniture while I attempt depth defying feats of acrobatics to reach impossible spots. Perfectly edging ceilings in a single stroke. I didn't move the furniture very much and never spilled a drop. I will be glad when it is done but I amaze even myself every time I pick up a paint brush and start working. I am super fast and efficient. Soon I'll be able to return to that easel.

8 comments:

LitPark said...

12-foot ceilings. Sounds spectacular! Let's see some pictures when you're done.

Tommy Kane said...

I will put some up. I'm a real fancy boy in Yun and I's new loft.

Peggasus said...

Ha! That's what I've been doing lately too! With the added fun of stripping wallpaper first. I have to tape, though, so you are clearly better than me.

And it's always SOOO funny when people hear that my degree is in painting and then ask, "What do you paint? Houses?!!" That never gets old.

Tommy Kane said...

That blue tape sure is pretty.

Sandy said...

Sounds like you have created perfect canvases for your imaginative art!! Great sketches as ALWAYS!

marcia said...

I'm taking a week of vacation to do our 10-ft ceilings for the first time....will have to try your hanging by one foot technique (but I think I'll need a padded dropcloth for when I lose my grip).

Anonymous said...

thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the rich jerk -
the super mind evolution system -
turbulencetraining -
turbulence training -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
windo fix -
wrap candy -
zygor guides -
7day ebook -
360 fix kit -
advanced pc tweaker -
adware bot -
affiliate naire -
art of approaching -
beating adwords -
believe and manifest -
blogging in action -
body building revealed -
burthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
cheat your way thin -
cold sore freedom in 3 days -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
convert 2 ev -

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社