Mar 23, 2008

Pray


People are always praying in Marrakesh. The Muslims pray five times a day starting at five in the morning. We were staying literally one door away from a temple. So when the prays started each morning I was basically right in the middle of the action. It was quite soothing actually. I always looked forward to it. Yun and I used to our advantage. when I would draw in the afternoon, Yun would say, meet me at such and such a place when the afternoon prayers begin. When those loudspeakers would start to crackle I knew it was time to go meet her. This door I drew was right next to a temple also. The head guy stool vigil out in the street intensely watching me draw. A store keeper brought me some mint tea while I was painting. He told me not to take any photos of the praying because they don't take to kind to it. No problemo. He said they dig my drawing though. I always obey the law of the streets.

7 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Lovely drawing as usual.
And your experience reminds me of what my Dad was telling me of his drawing in the streets there too.
Wishing you a great birthday.
N.

Tommy Kane said...

Spacelaw. You're the best. thanks for the birthday wish. Hope You like the new blog layout. I upgraded my account and made my posts larger and easier to see.

Anonymous said...

It is called MAKKAH.
Please get your fact straight.

Tommy Kane said...

It has many names.

Anonymous said...

the facts described don't sound inaccurate -- he just didn't have the right word. Great and amazing drawing, tommy!

Anonymous said...

turbulencetraining -
turbulence training -
twitter annihilation -
twitter rockstar -
twitter traffic machine -
ultimate content creator -
ultimate font download -
ultimate wow guide -
video piggy -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
web investigator -
win clear -
win spy -
yeast infection no more -







3d covers -
500 scrapbooking sketches -
acid alkaline diet -
acne free in 3 days -
advanced pc tweaker -
apple patch diet -
art of approaching -
auction inspector -

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社