Jan 28, 2008

Screw Up


I am obsessed with the story of Jerome Kerviel, the French trader who lost over seven billion dollars while secretly making crazy trades in his company. Now whenever I do something dumb at work, which is every other day, I just think about good old Jerome. No one can ever have more explaining to do to their boss than this guy. I do give him credit for having balls. You would have figured this guy would have cut his losses at a few hundred thousand and called it quits. Not our Jerome, all or nothing. The most gambling I've done lately is buy a few super bowl boxes in our agency pool. At most I can lose eighty bucks. Jerome is most likely out of a job and coincidentally I'm in need of a money manager. Could be a match made in heaven.

7 comments:

swasky said...

Hi! A French money manager as Jerome could be dangerous. And I think that he is an excuse, he's a sacrifice. Here in Europe it is said that behind him there's a bigger economic problem and I'm not pretty confident in his management skills. By the way I'm writing a post about "My favourite drawing tools" Would you tell me yours? I started with my watercolour set box (Chek 7th December 2007 post) Thank You!

Tommy Kane said...

My favorite tool is the uniball vison fine black pen.

swasky said...

What about your colored pencils? Mine are Faber-Castell. I like them because I can use a brush poured with water and use them as watercolour. Lately I'm using a blue biro.

Felicity said...

Looks like this guy has been playing with too many matches already Tommy!

swasky said...

Sorry for my English, I think "poured " is misused. Anyway, a brush with water.

Anonymous said...

registry easy -
registry genius -
registry smart -
registry winner -
registry winner download -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket japanese -
rotator cuff training -
save my marriage today -
secrets book -
silent sales machine -
silver lotto -
spyware cease -
super affiliate handbook -
the 11 forgotten laws -
thebadbreathreport -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the power pause -
tmj help -
tonsil stones remedies -
top secret fat loss secret -
turbulence training -
twitter rockstar -
uncle sams money -
underground hypnosis -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warcraft millionaire -

Anonymous said...

registry winner download -
reg tool -
relationship headquarters -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket japanese -
rotator cuff training -
satellite tv pc master -
secrets book -
spy no more -
spyware cease -
survey scout -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the guru assassin -
the power pause -
tmj help -
tonsil stones remedies -
turbulence training -
two minute profits -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
web traffic machines -
wedding speech 4u -
wind plans -
xp repair pro -
your fun business -
zygor guides -
500 love making tips -