Nov 20, 2007

Hill


Hillary has this one move she does all the time. It's the, I just spotted someone I know in the crowd, move. There is a lot of phoney over-acting involved with this move. It makes me cringe every time I see her do it. "Oh my God! Is that my long lost sister who I haven't seen in 25 years?" No, it's just someone I may have met campaigning a few years ago but I will just overreact anyway. "Gosh! Is that my dead aunt who rose from the grave?" No, it's just some old white dude waving at me. I'll just overreact waving back at the coot. Maybe she spots a Yankee fan wearing a Cubs hat or a Cubs fan wearing a Yankee cap and she is acknowledging she did the same thing. "Oh wow, I've done that too." I'm very excited about the end of Bush but I can't say I'm too thrilled about what's to come.

12 comments:

LitPark said...

That's a great and very telling caricature. I've missed your blog. It was one of those things I wouldn't allow myself until I got all my work done.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that move (the few times I've seen her on TV) AND it makes me cringe, too. I'm with you, Tommy. I'll be glad to see a change, but I'm also afraid of what's to come.

spleenal said...

from your top banner it looks like "hill" heartly endorses your blog. and why wouldn't she.

Tommy Kane said...

That's right Hill recognizes me too.

Anonymous said...

they are all starting to do it -- i remember Bill Clinton doing it too. don't they know it's not polite to point?

you captured the cringe factor perfectly, TK.

Tommy Kane said...

I guess your right. they are all doing but Hill leads the pack in doing it.

m allison r said...

You forgot to mention her incredibly shrill, nauseating cackle.

Tommy Kane said...

we're in big trouble my friends.

Andrea said...

You've captured her insanity beautifully!

if you have a minute pop by my blog, I am giving away pens and other goodies, cheers!

spacedlaw said...

So it's a case of between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried before?
You did capture her good though...

Tommy Kane said...

I knew Hillary would draw a lot of attention.

Snowman said...

I have seen her do that move so many times and it has always bugged the crap out of me, but I never really knew it until you called her on it. it makes her look so cheesy.