Oct 4, 2007

Hypichristian


When I was five years old my dad and my uncle Arthur took me to my first
baseball game. It was a seventeen inning affair between the New York Mets
and the Milwaukee Braves. The stadium was the old polo grounds. Duke Synder
hit a home run off of Warren Spahn to win the game. It was also my very first
time to be in a public bathroom. Quite an experience. I have been using
public toilets ever since and I can tell you I've never had an incident like
Senator Craig had. Never once did I stand in front of a closed bathroom
stall and stare through the crack at someone sitting on the bowl for several
minutes. I have never put my foot underneath the stall and reached over to
touch another dude's foot. That is impossible to do, wide stance or not,
unless you want it to happen. You really have to go out of your way to
achieve that. I've never reached under and ran my hand along the underside
of the stall. His explanation that he is not insane just doesn't add up. The
best part of all this is the hypocrisy. Mr. disorderly conduct is a right
wing anti-gay family values freak. Neocon is the new ugly word and Craig is
the spokesperson. It's weird because the guy can never use a public restroom
ever again. Imagine if you are this dude and you come off a plane and have
to take a whizz. No way Jose. He'll have to hold it until he gets to his
destination. He can't go to ballgames or concerts. He basically can't leave
his house. This bad naughty boy can't leave his room anymore. He's being
punished and boy does he deserve it.

14 comments:

LitPark said...

This might be my favorite post ever. I love when you let it fly.

Tommy Kane said...

especially at the hypichristians.

Vincenzo said...

I wanted to puke while watching him proclaim his innocence during the Matt Lauer interview...and Mrs. Craig, now there's someone in denial.

Tommy Kane said...

He does make for a nice drawing though.

Vincenzo said...

...oh yes, I apologize for the rant...the drawing is terrific!

LitPark said...

Ha! I just noticed that shifty eye in the second picture. People were talking about your drawings last night at a writer's event. Was all good.

Tommy Kane said...

i like being talked about.

spleenal said...

This is great! I had no idea who this guy was (being from england) so i had to research him on wikipedia my favorite bit was a quote from him.

"I don't go around anywhere hitting on men, and by God, if I did, I wouldn't do it in Boise, Idaho! Jiminy!"

what's wrong with Boise Idaho?

It seems to me, to be the case, that this guy decided that he wouldn't get all the power he wanted by being open about who he really is.

it's one thing to hide what you are (for what ever reason) it's another to turn on your own kind in the pursuit of power. That's unforgivable.

I saw (during my research) the photos you used for reference and i love the way you seem to have altered the lighting slightly to give him more of a bad guy look.

nice

Bruce said...

Excellent drawing and commentary. I too feel that this may be one of my favorite posts from you. Craig has an eerie glow to him. Perfect.

lance reynald said...

good call.

great drawing...

though a bit more dignity than he deserves.

xo.

spacedlaw said...

Brilliant drawing (and rant: I hate this type of persons too).

Daryl Darko said...

i think the drawings would benefit from a third panel; his shoes.

pia said...

Yup. You are so right. And he's got his wife walking point for him while he sits beside her and lies. No shame.

Erika Rae said...

Love the drawing. And I love the fact that you can remember your first trip to a public restroom.