Jul 29, 2007

UNCG


My niece Megan is about to go off to college in September. Going to art school changed my life and a big reason is that I found great teachers who took a special interest in me. I owe them a great big thank you. I hope my niece runs into a teacher like Suzanne Buchanan. I received a wonderful letter from her the other day and I wanted to share it.
Hi Tommy, Hope you are doing well. I just noticed that you left a comment on our department's blog. This suggests to me that you may have noticed all the links poking up to your blog from students in the Interior Architecture Department at UNCG. Let me explain. This year we are encouraging all of our beginning students to create what we call a blog.folio to record their work throughout the program. As a first assignment, and in order to get the students familiar with the idea of sketch blogs, I asked them to search the web to identify a favorite blog and write about it. I provided them with a list of my favorites (your's included) to get them started. As you can see from visiting the student links here, yours was a real favorite. In particular, my students really found inspiration in your line quality...something they are struggling with at the moment. Your work has been an inspiration to me and I know it will continue to be for my students.
Thank you so much.Best wishes,
Suzanne
Suzanne Buchanan Design
Suzanne Buchanan's Blog

17 comments:

Ana Banana Nuts & Honey said...

ahhhhhh...that explains it! Okay...that makes sense! I was about to get down on my knees and start praying to you, Tommy! you are my new IDOL! well...actually you've always been since I've been visiting you...

great portrait... and college days were my absolute best days in life ever! I wish you niece the best!

and hello to yun!

Tommy Kane said...

Love you too banana.

Tommy Kane said...

I was starting to believe my own hype.

fika said...

that is so sweet.

i love going through all those links. fun fun fun!

LitPark said...

That's quite the trick your niece does with her eyebrow!

Lovely letter. I'll check out her link. Maybe you've noticed, Tommy, but you're a teacher, too.

Tommy Kane said...

Never thought of that.

Rebecca said...

It was a highlight of my life as well. I was so lucky to have that opportunity. As my son is beginning his journey into college, I have no doubt he will make similar memories.
What a very nice letter. You should be proud of your accomplishments and the fact that you are an inspiration to others. Can't think of a nicer compliment.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

hey, love the drawing of your niece, as well as your looking at some of my sketches, I'm actually one of those students mentioned in the letter. thanks for inspiring us!

Tommy Kane said...

No. thank you for all the links.

suzanne said...

Thank you Tommy for such a nice post. What a pleasant surprise!

Also, thank you for all the comments you've left on my students' blogs. We all really appreciate it!

Tommy Kane said...

I hope they appreciate you.

Maureen said...

What a great portrait of Megan. Thank you for that Tommy. She is having the best time at college. One of her interests is graghic design and NC has a fabulous design school too. It's abeautiful campus and I'm so proud of her. I'm so proud of you too.
Love,Maureen

maureen said...

Jack is not retarded. He is our sckoozie boozie boy and we love him just the way he is. He just has a few issues.

Megan said...

Hey Uncle Tom, thanks for drawing a picture of me, that is really cool. I wish I was as badass as you made me look. I am in college now and it is pretty exciting but different. I have a lot of friends who are engineering majors and they are very excited about math and computers. I can't really relate. I have no idea what I want to do. I wish I could major in reading and listening to music all day. I guess I have to grow up sometime.

Tommy Kane said...

you have a few years to figure things out, just enjoy yourself right now.

道明寺Stan said...

cool!very creative!avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,情色