Jul 10, 2007

LaScala


Yun took me to the famous opera house in Milan. La Scala. Everyone has
probably seen pictures of it. We didn't see an opera though. There was a
classical music concert instead. Before we went Yun asked a favor of me. She
said parts of the concert were very quiet movements and could I refrain from
crosshatching through the whole thing. She said I had bothered everyone in
Salzberg, which may have been true. I was surprised we were in one of the
boxes at La Scala. It seemed to have muffled the sound of my sketching
because I drew through a lot of the show and Yun said she never heard me at
all.
Yesterday there was an article about me on the front page of Italy's leading newspaper, La Repubblica. A lot of people have asked if I know what they wrote about me because it is only in Italian. So I did a word translation in an apple program and this is what it said."There are artists for which many words cannot be spold alone perche persentano. This and one cases in issue. Kane and a large one. Without he probably the America it would have lost one of the brilliant artists piu of last the 50 years. Tommy kane and all: art, irony, want of stulire. However enough to consult its situated one and to scopire on behalf of who it has lend its work. The rivisitazione of "the it's America and one lesson for all."
I don't know what it means but I love it.

11 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Isn't Babelfish great? Because I had nothing better to do while drinking my morning coffee, I ran the translation back and forth between Italian and English a few times to see the changes:

There are artists for which many words they cannot only be persentano of the perche of the spold. That one and one have put in the edition. Great Kane and '. Without probably the America would have lost one of the polishing of the piu of the artists of last the 50 years. Kane and all the Tommy: art, irony, desires of stulire. However in order to consult itself it has situated enough relative and to scopire in order to call it lend it of who renders to the relative job. The rivisitazione "of is the America and one lesson for all

My favourite: Kane and all the Tommy: art, irony, desires of stulire.

The LaScala drawing is making me drool, it looks like an old etching, very appropriate!

Enjoy your day Tommy, and bask in the knowledge of knowing you are "polishing of the piu of the artists" from the last 50 years ;o)

Tommy Kane said...

The translation machine is king.

Fika said...

this is simply wonderful.

and its amazing how you could draw during a concert.

Tommy Kane said...

It's easy when you pay no attention to the concert.

spleenal said...

"-many words cannot be spold alone perche persentano. This and one cases in issue. Kane and a large one.- art, irony, want of stulire. However enough to consult its situated one and to scopire on behalf of who it has lend its work. The rivisitazione of "the it's America and one lesson for all."
exactly what I was thinking.

Tommy Kane said...

America and one lesson for all. Amen.

LitPark said...

That is awesome. I'm peeking in from Paris.

Tommy Kane said...

There are some nice sewer caps in Paris.

spacedlaw said...

Don't you just love translation engines ? There're like tins of instant surrealism. Just add warm water. Or chilled white wine.

Tommy Kane said...

I only just discovered them. It's a goldmine.

Plain Jane said...

"Kane and a large one." I couldn't have said it better myself.
cool drawing.