Jul 28, 2007

Cat Food


When Yun and I got married, I inherited two cats. I've really grown fond of the suckers. We discovered a cat food store near me. It's called Whiskers. It's run by a guy Yun and I have nicknamed Dr. Phil. He's a tough little New Yorker with teeth missing but he knows everything about cats and dogs. Our cat, Ace had a few issues so Phil changed both their diets and now they are doing great. Yun always fed them dry food. Now they eat Pet Guard all natural canned food. Occasionally raw food is mixed in. Ace, our fat cat is slimmer and our skinny cat, Happy is a bit fuller. I always enjoy my little visits to Dr. Phil where I pick up little treats for my gals.

11 comments:

gitsul said...

I love your use of color. Do you use traditional water colors, water color pencils or something else?

LitPark said...

Sweet.

James has his paws on my laptop while I'm typing this.

Tommy Kane said...

I use a tiny windsor newton watercolor set. Miniature. Then a very minor use of colored pencils.

Andrea said...

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

Tommy Kane said...

cats are nice for sure.

Jeannette said...

I dont understand cats.

Tommy Kane said...

I hated them before I lived with them. The good thing about them is there is nothing to understand. They go there own way. They are just sort of hanging around doing their own thing. That's the beauty of them.

yun said...

I wasn't a cat person, either but 11 years ago, I saw an ad by someone who found a pregnant cat and had 5 kittens. Since I hadn't ever had a cat, I only took one from the litter .... a big regret later on. She is now 11 y.o. and I love my cat, Ace.

tofusquirrel said...

Aww I used to have a cat named Whiskers. He was my childhood pet (other than my black gold fish, Plumpy)

My favorite part of this drawing is the yellow trash can!

martha said...

It's places like this that make New York so interesting. Great sketch!

John said...

I love your use of color. Do you use traditional water colors, water color pencils or something else?