Jun 21, 2007

Sopranos


A lot of television shows and movies get made in New York. Therefore I see a lot of places I know in scenes. A good example is the Sopranos. Most of the planet watched the last season. If you watched the last few episodes there was a scene where Tony beats a guy up and then drags him to the foot railing of the bar and knocks all his teeth out. The cool thing was it's a little Italian restaurant a few blocks from my house. I eat there once in a while. The film crew made it look a lot more dramatic than it really looks in person. In honor of the Sopranos I went and drew the outside of the place. If you are ever there, try the sausages parmigiana with spaghetti for $14.95.

8 comments:

m allison r said...

I am so addicted to your blog. It is like my internet crack. It is so fresh always, and encouraging for myself as an artist. One of the best things is the frequency and consistency that you publish. Kudos to you for that. I know it takes a lot of work. Thanks for suporting my internet crack habit...

Jacqueline Hudon said...

I agree. I love how often you update your blog. Almost every time I come here you have something new up and it keeps me coming back.

Tommy Kane said...

It is a lot of work. I am a bit insane. I think in a good way. I appreciate your kind words. It helps me to keep going.

LitPark said...

Hee. It's my internet crack, too. Nicely put.

juj said...

heehee. Yes, that's the perfect way to describe it. Tommy (the fix) Kane...

Andrea said...

How long does one of these take you? Do you complete the whole thing there?

Tommy Kane said...

I usually complete the whole thing there. this one I did a lot of the brick work at home. I would say an hour and a half for this one.

imwithsully said...

I especially like this one. You always get so much detail... it's crazy how you get all the details in just an hour and a half!