Jun 22, 2007

Flower Power


I almost never make a drawing like this but it was so zen I couldn't resist. It came out pretty plain so I jazzed it up with my stamps and whatnot. I did a photo shoot at a great photographer's studio. The only problem is the space was very sterile. There was not a lot of chochkies strewn about. I had to make due. The photographer, Craig Cutler, showed me some photos he was taking out in New Jersey. There is a dude out there who puts dinosaurs together. Some are 120 feet long. He told me it's all done in a giant warehouse. The guy works for all the major museums, even the Smithsonian. I'd love to have one of his prints. You can see Craig's work here.

14 comments:

LitPark said...

Ha! Love your vampire commentary. I have a friend who puts dinosaur bones together, too. Thanks for the fix. Much writing to do today.

Jacqueline Hudon said...

I just want to say that the stems on those flowers are great. Especially where they enter the vase and then the water. For some reason I really enjoy that part.

ksklein said...

wonderful flowers.

fyi: vampires do wear sun glasses!

brian nelson said...

Very nice!

Tommy Kane said...

I know what you mean about those stems. I even impressed myself.

spacedlaw said...

:)
That's lovely drawing.
No replacement for a vampire in disguise (those glasses: a decoy) but, hey, it's summer and time for flowers.

Tommy Kane said...

I STILL THINK HE'S A VAMPIRE.

spleenal said...

I do dig the inclusion of those stamps.
It reminds me of something but I can't remember what.

That detail of the stems magnifide by the water is cool.

Tommy Kane said...

the stamps probably reminds you of whiskey.

yun said...

I love the color of the flowers -- also i like the tongue sticking out of the frog. That's a funny touch.

CrumpledPaperbirds said...

This is funny, I'm not a nationalist, but them stamp with 60h, red star and Ceskoslovensko on, makes me feel somehow close to the picture...
I do dig the stems and the frog with curled tongue.

Tommy Kane said...

I love putting stamps on things.

martha said...

Wonderful page. The little add-ons do make it sing. Or zing. Or something like that :)

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have met him. He is only one of the best photographers in the world and indeed a hard working one. Everything he does and the way he does it is intense, but perfectly balanced. After understanding his approach, huge majority of photography work is trivial. Nice touch with the green frog :).you share the witt