May 27, 2007

Smarty Pants


I've been slipping behind on my drawing. I've been very busy at work and it seems there is always something to do on the weekend. My drawing time is suffering. So I did something I usually don't do. I brought my drawing book to a party. I knew it was on a roof with a nice view. But it is still hard to draw when there are people around drinking and expecting you to commiserate. Once I got there I knew I had done the right thing. There was a beautiful view of the Williamsburg bridge off in the distance. The fun didn't get going for quite a while so I was able to get a drawing under my belt in a situation that I ordinarily wouldn't have. Yeah for me.

11 comments:

brian nelson said...

Great drawing! I really like your work.

spacedlaw said...

Don't worry about it. People will just shake their head and sigh "He's just one of them crazy ARTISTS"...
And in the meantime, a drawing gets down PLUS you had plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

ksklein said...

so how many pens and stuff did you take along?

Tommy Kane said...

I have done many posts about what I bring with me. On a night like this, my book, one uniball pen and a small pencil box with a dozen prisma colored pencils. You can look in my archives and find a photo of all the tools that i use and all the stuff i bring with me when i go drawing.

LitPark said...

Beautiful.

How funny to see a P. Diddy theme party show up. But I think he's just Diddy now.

simonstudio.com said...

could of sworn "Crumb" did this one.

Tommy Kane said...

thanks for the crumb compliment.

Bruce said...

You get a lot of well deserved Crumb comments, Tommy. That sky is great, nice job.

Were you rebelling by not wearing white or did it just happen that way? I think that his Diddyness is having one of those things here in Detroit sometime soon.

spleenal said...

good for you. I take my pad with me most places. I'm also gonna start taking my camera. just in case I havn't got time to draw it.

Tommy Kane said...

We didn't know who the other people were. So I had no idea people were going to be dressed in white. Their party was totally different from ours. Otherwise I would have joined in and gladly wore white.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice stuff. I found a cool news widget for our blogs at www.widgetmate.com. Now I can show the latest news on my blog. Worked like a breeze.