May 3, 2007

Draw Me Draw You



There is another nut out there who says you draw him and he'll draw you. By now you all know I've done a bunch of these. But they are like crack cocaine, I just can't stop doing them. Here is his site. Of course he says he does like one a day. All talk no action. It's been quite a while and I haven't heard from him. Now he has a post up saying he's backed up. Maybe he should take a little pepto bismol. I don't have high hopes for getting anything in return. You can't win them all.
I have put the drawing Paula did of me up because it makes me very happy. She did a great job. I love it.

12 comments:

Mike Rohde said...

The measure of a gift is not in how it is received, but in how it is given. Your giving was true, and even if nothing comes of it, it's a part of you, of your soul.

Great work Tommy, regardless of reciprocation. :-)

Susan said...

HA HA! That is one funny and fiesty post!!

Tommy Kane said...

You're right. It was fun to do but I was hoping to have his version of me for this post. That's what upset me a little but I really don't care. I'm already on to my next thing.

Paula said...

Just to prove to you that you were creating good drawing karma, I've done one for you. It's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polzonoff/533380603/
I'll add watercolor to it later and let you know. :)

Tommy Kane said...

Everyone has to go see the drawing Paula did of me. It's fantastic. I love it. the crooked head is perfect. It's me alright. Paula I have to get a copy so I can do a post about it. thank you.

Susan said...

Wow, I love that, Paula!

Paula said...

I've just uploaded the colored version, hope you like it! http://www.flickr.com/photos/polzonoff/533677974/

Tommy Kane said...

color version looks great.

Susan said...

Paula, you're amazing. What a lot of life and whimsy in that drawing It's fun to see it in stages - I see this in writing all the time, but never with art.

Ana Banana said...

I have the feeling that you really like this guy...A LOT! I have that warm and fuzzy feeling, Tommy...

And this drawing of him is superb!

Lisa Fields said...

hahaha this is so funny, just looked at that guys website yesterday

Robyn said...

Still enjoying your wit and your art! :)