May 4, 2007

Cars


I used to have a harley davidson motorcycle. I kept it in New York for about five years. Garaging it was only about a hundred bucks a month. At some point I got tired of it and got myself a car. A vintage 1966 Dodge Dart GT convertible. Fire engine red with black and white bucket seats. Over time it started to have problems. I'm not real good at fixing cars. It was always five hundred bucks to fix. Five hundred bucks, five hundred bucks. It started to wear me down. Plus to garage a car was like four hundred a month. So after five years I dumped that too. Now that Yun and I are contemplating Brooklyn, a car will probably be on the horizon also. I sort look forward and dread the idea all at once. Hopefully we can just leave it on the street so we won't have to pay for a garage. Can you believe a garage in New York is now about five honey a month. You can rent a house for that in most parts of the country. Maybe we should just buy a new car and then live in it. That's a good idea.

15 comments:

Mattias said...

That's expensive! great looking car!

Darren Di Lieto said...

Nice car :)

What's with your banner changing every other day?

Do you have a collection of them? :)

Tommy Kane said...

Yes. I have gotten into changing my banner. I have about 10 of them. I want to keep it fresh looking. It's a pain but i do it.

Fifi LePew said...

I had a 67 Dart, my first car, that went for more than 200,000 miles. I loved that old slant six. But, Ouch! Housing a car in NYC sounds like a big incentive to use public transport. Hmmmmm, maybe other places should levy a special property tax on personal garages to motivate people? Some folks in Dallas have 3, 4 or 5-car garages attached to their homes.

I like your changing banners, by the way.

Ana Banana said...

yes, cars...

guy stuff.

My hubby likes them, too. I don't get it. I'd rather spend $500 a month on girl stuff...like clothes and shoes.

marco's blog said...

man!! this is what a sketchbook should look like, very inspirational...

Susan said...

I love your writing as much as your drawing. The fire's in both.

spleenal said...

Woha! That thing looks like it goes!
I bet you could jump further than the bandit (smokey and the) in that thing. You'd leave Vin Diesel standing and Rosco P. Coltrain would never catch you. Not never.

Tommy Kane said...

I like girls's in nice shoes. It's important too. There is room to make everyone happy.

Mike said...

Big Daddy Roth was the man when I was a kid.I'd buy Car Craft magazine evrey month just to study the new Big Daddy art work. I'd copy his style and draw Rat Finks on my home work.
Love the blog, you've inspired me to start drawing again.Keep up the great work.

Darren Di Lieto said...

Check out edbigdaddyroth.com

Still going strong! and resting in peace.

...And a show to boot!

Tommy Kane said...

Big Daddy is all of our hero.

林宥嘉yoga said...

COOL!:)AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

道明寺Stan said...

cool!very creative!avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,情色

Japan Used Car Sale said...

Used cars are a prime destination for used car consumers and dealers looking for a reliable source of information and a dependable service.