Apr 8, 2007

Midgley


The first thing I noticed when I met the Photographer John Midgley was how much we looked alike. He too is an elf with a shaved head. I would like to approach an advertising magazine and see if they will run my series of portraits I've done on photographers in the business. I have a bunch now. John and I got along very well. I like hanging with him. We are going to have dinner together with the wives. Very civilized.

Also I have been tagged to play in a silly game. Seeing as Juj is a fan, I will go along with it (partially). To make a long story short, she has a blog: everything is contextual.blogspot.com. If you get tagged you have to tell 7 things about yourself no one knows. So for a fan I'll do it. But then you are supposed to tag 7 other freaks and they in turn have to do it. That is where I'll draw the line. So here goes. 1. I have some mental blog that prevents me from being able to use dental floss. 2. I don't eat salmon or mussels. 3. Sometimes I pee sitting down. 4. I've stopped going to a shrink. 5. I like Pat Buchanan 6. I never cheat on my taxes. 7. I never ever order take out food and that's the truth.

11 comments:

ksklein said...

his profile reminds me of a friend of mine, who is a painter.

Ana Banana said...

elves are my favorite kind of creatures. My husband is an elf, too.

good drawing!

Tommy Kane said...

Elves get away with a lot of things.

juj said...

I hope you don't mind, but because I am a huge admirer of your amazing work I've chosen to tag you. Read the details here. If you've already been tagged or you just flat out don't want to play let me know. Either way you are one step closer in the link count. Thanks in advance. juj

Ana Banana said...

hahahaha! you're IT!

love your top 7 secrets, Tommy!

PEE sitting down! that one is great!...what little can get away with!

Ana Banana said...

I meant little ELF!

Tommy Kane said...

i am a little elf

juj said...

I really appreciate how you will go the extra mile to appease (a-please) a fan. Thanks for playing Tommy. You're a good man. BTW -I pee sitting down too, but I think you're missin' out with the mussels thing. Do you at least dip your bread in the garlic sauce if someone else orders them? That's really the only reason to get them anyway...

Tommy Kane said...

You hit the nail on the head. yes I do dip my bread in the juice. That is delicious. I eat oysters and any kind of raw claws but for some reason I can't stand to eat mussels.

spleenal said...

I sit down every time I pee.
Any excuse to sit down really.

Claire said...

Wait...you NEVER order take out? Never ever? You live in NYC and are a busy guy- how do you survive?