Apr 20, 2007

Federici


The other day I did a photo shoot for Samsung. I worked with a really great photographer, Daniela Federici. She was much easier to work with than some of the ego maniacal male fashion photographers I've had to deal with in the past. Her work has a real specific look to it. You can see more of her work here. I drew a portrait of her in action. Turns out she lives in my neighborhood too. I will definitely be using her a lot in the future. Daniela and I went out for a drink a few weeks ago. We like talking to each other. It's nice to stay friends with incredibly talented artists I get to work with. She is also a filmmaker who lives a kind of fearless life doing whatever she wants artistically. I am so much the opposite, filled with doubt and fear. I'm hoping some of her rubs off on me.

11 comments:

spacedlaw said...

I like her pictures.

Anonymous said...

It must be very exciting and stimulating to be surrounded by such talent. I'm sure they all say the same about working with you. There is a nourishing energy that comes from working with other artists and from being part of a bigger community of like-minded souls. I miss that!
~Linda

Susan said...

Those long, long arms are awesome.

Tommy Kane said...

She was something else. Nice person too. Linda you are part of this community. You don't have to miss it because you're in it.

Ana Banana said...

She sounds awesome to me. I wish I had that kind of fearlessness, too, Tommy. I am like a turtle that way.

Beautiful drawing. I love her long legs and arms. Are they really that long and thin?

Tommy Kane said...

I used to be a real turtle but I've tried to change my ways. i have had some success.

Bruce said...

I just can't picture you being filled with doubt or fear (not that I actually know you or anything...), you seem to me to be filled with life, TK.

I like how you drew the tripod and her legs and arms.

Claire said...

Fantastic drawing. Fantastic link- her photos are wonderful! It's really inspiring to hear that although you've got doubt and fear, you're still working in a really interesting field and creating stuff. I think part of the artist myth is that you must be fearless to succeed. Thanks for dispelling that a bit.

ksklein said...

i had a look at her photographs. they are great. she definitely has her own style.

Plain Jane said...

I love your honesty.

Lee Warren said...

I love your honesty.