Mar 5, 2007

The Pen Is Mighty


In this overly PC world, I cannot help myself from bucking the status quo. Art, humor and irreverence all go hand in hand. I can't follow the rules. I fear the sterilization of our airwaves and news gathering outlets. We have to be able to take the good with the bad. We shouldn't try to make our ears only hear the so called good. Look what Bush has done giving us years of happy talk. Once we picked up the rock to look underneath. It was crawling with maggots, worms and much worse. There is something good about political incorrectness. It at least allows us to see and hear what is under the rock.

9 comments:

Ana Banana said...

I've missed your blog, Tommy...have been away for the week. I just got back...tired, but will post more tomorrow. As always your work is MIGHTIER than the pen. I like your honesty.

Tommy Kane said...

Hope you were at someplace nice. Welcome home banana.

Ana Banana said...

I am glad that you cannot help yourself, Tommy, especially when it comes to political incorrectness. I wish there were more people like you out there. And THANK GOD that you cannot follow the rules. It really begins to feel like we're living in a country of imbecile automatons when the status quo is reality TV shows and a nincompoop ass for President voted two terms by the same idiots.

hehe. I can't help myself either. ;o)

Ana Banana said...

by the way, this drawing of yours is absolutely beautiful...elegant lines, contrast is stunning! Wonderful!

Ana Banana said...

why have you taken your lovely elf picture down?

Tommy Kane said...

What's my elf picture? I didn't know I had an elf picture up.

Ana Banana said...

are you kidding me? maybe I hallucinated or something, which is often the case, but I thought you had a post entitled, Two Elves, or something like that...along with all these photos of phones or some electronic gadets. A photo of you and another cute fellow at the top.

Tommy Kane said...

oh you're right. I had to present work I did for canada. It is a big campaign for samsung. I only posted it momentarily on my blog to present to the whole agency. I wanted to look hi-tech. I'm surprised you saw it. Now I know what you are talking about. The elves were me and the photographer. We looked like twins.

FerdinandKreozot said...

Awesome.
Your work is very inspiring, all of it.
It is obvious that you have fun with every line, and I truly enjoy end results.

Cheers to your skill,

Milenko