Mar 14, 2007

My Magic Kit



I thought I would show what I take with me when I draw on the street. It is quite simple. I have 2 cheap boxes I purchased at new york central art supplies in manhattan.
A. plastic box B. two dollar pencil case (filled with about 14 prisma colored pencils) C. water brushes (these are hollow plastic paint brushes that you can fill with water). I don't carry any water with me to do watercolors D. mini watercolor paint set, windsor newton E. paper towel (needed to clean paintbrush) F. 2 grey magic markers that have brushes for tips G. my pens. That's all there is to it. Nothing else up my sleeve. H. big rubber band (sometimes it is very windy on the street and i put this around the top of my open sketchbook so the pages don't flip like mad in the wind) I. pencil sharpener

7 comments:

Felicity said...

Like all good magic tricks, it's deceptively simple! Thanks for showing this Tommy!

Tommy Kane said...

No smoke and mirrors. It's all very easy.

Mike Rohde said...

Tommy, this is great! Been considering adding color to my sketches — have to dig around for my old set of primsas! :-)

Ana Banana said...

WOW! This is beautiful, Tommy! Great detail and color use...almost photo realistic.

love the water brushes by the way. I didn't know such a thing existed.

Fifi LePew said...

thanks for sharing, Tommy! I like learning about new tools. had wondered how you got the wonderful colors.

petescully said...

thanks for sharing this. Love the style. I haven't advanced to water brushes yet. I carry a tiny jar of water, which I refill every time I see a tap. what type of pens are they (i recognise some, i think)?

alex butterfield said...

I've finally reached this post... o you can scratch that question about your tools that I prematurely asked.