Mar 3, 2007

I Am The Apeman



There is a great illustration site called The Little Chimp Society. Darren who calls himself "The Ape," gave me a little test to do. He gave me a drawing and then asked me to do my take on it. Darren's drawing is on the bottom and then my version is on top. Things like this work out better if you have an idea in mind. That's where the ad man in me takes over. I thought it would be fun to do a little joke. It's the old advertisement in the back of the comic book. It's where the little skinny kid (me) gets sand kicked in his face by the bully. Then he send away for more malted milk drink which he drinks for two weeks. then suddenly he is super strong. the bully comes back but this time he kicks ass. I did a take off on that theme. I'm very pleased with my doodle.

9 comments:

Felicity said...

I remember a similar ad but I think it was for something else! Great illustration, I love that skinny body! Personally I think those over inflated muscles are gross - guys like that must spend all their waking hours thinking about themselves!

Tommy Kane said...

I spend every waking hour thinking about myself but i still look like the skinny guy.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Very cool. I agree with Felicity those muscle-men are gross.

I've noticed that you upload different drawings on Flickr as opposed to your blog/site. Is there any reason for that or do you just randomly select stuff? I like it as it means we get to see two different lots of drawings - I was just curious.

Tommy Kane said...

Actually you are seeing my drawings way in advance on flickr. If you are a fan of my blog I wouldn't be looking at my flickr site. It will spoil what are eventually going to see here. the only difference is I write about my drawings here. On flickr I am just uploading my sketches for the day. I have thought about not uploading the stuff to flickr until they have been posted here but it is just too much work.

Shell said...

Man, that's hot! Haha! Love your take on the original pic, very cool. :)

Ana Banana said...

hahaha...

love it!

ahhh...tommy humor...got my dose for the missed week.

Thank you.

Big A said...

Ha! this is wonderful ... you should send it on to them. It would look great on the vitamin bottle!

Anonymous said...

at Ana I hope can live wtth yourself!!

Anonymous said...

You are trash!!!!!