Mar 7, 2007

Happiness Is A Warm Pen


Guns,guns,guns. People love their stupid guns. What the hell is up with that? I'm not around guns, I don't think about guns, I don't look at guns. It's crazy what happened to those students in Virginia. When I went to college, no one in my school had a gun with them. Why not get into skydiving or cooking or old cars. Anything else. If no one had a gun then you wouldn't need to have yours in order to protect yourself from someone who may. Then we could worry about other things. For instance, was Ashlee Simpson better looking before she had her nose job or after? I for one say, before. How about taking up stamp collecting as a hobby. It's an oldie but goody. When I was a kid everyone's mom used to crochet and do macrame. You saw that shit everywhere. No one ever died doing macrame. Although it did kill me to look at it.

10 comments:

Ana Banana said...

This post is heartfelt. You know, Tommy, I am to a point as a US citizen of not caring much anymore....as cold as that sounds. I just can't take hearing about the violence and the whole insanity of it all. This boy, however many problems he had, God knows, but it appears to me that he was depressed, suicidal, and angry and just wanted instant Hollywood-like fame while taking down others. There is just too much craziness here...I don't remember it being like this when I was a kid either. It was such a different era back then in that way. There was a war, yes, and violence overseas, and many people dying, but kids in schools, with guns, and killing each other was UNHEARD of. This era seems to represent the loss of innocence for American children...and cruel insanity has stepped in for some of them.

Great sketch, by the way.

Tommy Kane said...

Good thing there are nice people like us out there too.

Jacqueline Hudon said...

I read this piece of graffiti the other day:
"If you're depressed, angry or full of hate, please kill yourself first. Don't take us with you."

Paula said...

I crochet!

Tommy Kane said...

The world is a better place because of people like Paula.

Big A said...

Great post! I could not agree more.

brian nelson said...

It seems to me that we need to quit glorifying the killers. All of the news lets other like minded people know that they can become famous. We need to eliminate all death and mayhem in video games. They seem like nothing more than training for future terrorists. We certainly glorify violence in movies as well. I can't help but think that these things contribute greatly to the problems! Not to trivialize Virginia Tech, but these are every day, EVERY DAY occurences in Iraq. I don't think I can even comprehend the horrors of living in that kind of daily environment. Thanks for letting me vent and rant.

shula said...

Before, definitely.

And if I ever see another freeform macrame wall hanging, it will be too soon.

Enough said about Virginia.

Term Papers said...

I'm very thankful to the author for posting such an amazing development post. Continuing to the post. Thanks.


College Term papers

Anonymous said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.