Jan 20, 2007

Where's Felicity?



My blog is one year old. This past year I put up over 200 posts. Not bad. That's a lot of drawing. When I first started I didn't really understand the comments portion of blogging. I sort of ignored it. Then I noticed on my friend, Mattias Adolfsson's blog that he used it to have a dialogue with people who came to his site. So I began to do the same. I'm a little slow but eventually I get it. I used to always hear from my biggest fan, Felicity Grace. There was something very comforting about seeing her comments each day. She became a friend. Lately she hasn't left any comments. Even my wife asked me, "where's Felicity?" Recently I have a new friend. Ana Banana, the girl with the great name. I just wanted to give these two very talented artists a shout out on my blog. The drawing on top is Ana's and the one below is by Felicity. Thank you for coming to see my silly blog and leaving your wonderful comments. I appreciate it. I hope you both know I am big fans of yours too.

13 comments:

Ana Banana said...

Wow, Tommy, I am so honored! I can't believe you did that! Thank you. You can believe that I will come back, again and again, and post comments since I think your blog a very interesting one. Not just because of the fact that you're a very talented artist, but because you have a point of view (an interesting one at that) and are willing to put yourself out there to express it with words and image in a humorous and direct manner. Cheers to you (and your wife, Yun)!

Thanks again,

Ana

Tommy Kane said...

Your work is so fantastic banana.

jrmedia - on painters & painting said...

thanks for the links Tommy...

Mattias said...

Congratulations Tommy. my mother, who follows my blog has asked the same question..

Felicity said...

Gosh, what a shock!! I'm really honoured! In fact, I'm still visiting nearly every day but I thought maybe I was becoming like a groupie (on Mattias's blog too)!
I've loved visiting the Far East with you (and Yun) and marvel at what your life must be like with friends like Amanda Lapore etc! So I'm still here, loving your drawings and will promise to write more often!

Tommy Kane said...

Felicity welcome back. I'm glad to know you are still out there.

yun said...

dear felicity and ana banana,

thanks to tom's website, i have been lucky in discovering artists like yourselves. I often am one of those stealth visitors who does not leave comments but know that i leave the sites with a smile, in awe of your work, effort and dedication to art.

yun

Ana Banana said...

Well I'm glad Felicity has been found! Now we're all one big happy family!

And greetings to you, Yun, it is so nice to make your acquaintance. Thank you for the compliment! I enjoy hearing little tidbits about you and Tommy in your husbands traveling sketch book (Btw, I hear you have a nice butt)... ;O)

I enjoy this blog and often leave with a big smile on my face, too.

:O)

Felicity said...

Thanks very much Yun, great to hear from you too! As Ana says, it's wonderful to read your perspective on Tommy trips. I forgot to say Happy Blogday to Tommy, here's to many more - and if this is a silly little blog, I'd better quit blogging!

Joel Kimmel said...

Hey Tommy, congratulations on the one year of blogging. 200 posts is a lot of work, it shows.
I look forward to another year of your great work!
Joel

Renate said...

Congratulations on one blogged year. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Tommy Kane said...

Don't worry. I'm going to put out a lot of good stuff this year.

Karen at Pen in Hand said...

Happy Blogaversary, as they say, Tommy. I love checking in and wondering what it would be like to live your artist life.