Dec 24, 2006

Opinion


When I first started my blog I used to occasionally put up drawings and views that were political. At one point I was in between jobs. I was using a headhunter to find a new ad agency to work for. She would send potential agencies to my website. This way they could look at my work online. I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of sending a portfolio. SEVERAL times the headhunter told me that people loved my work BUT they would go to my blog and read my thoughts about politics and they would tell my headhunter I was too controversial. At first I thought she was kidding but I soon realized she was serious. I was none too happy about this, especially because George Bush was busy totally screwing up the world politically and environmentally. So I stopped the political blogging for a while but now I am back in business. You would think people in advertising are creative and would appreciate someone who was clever and had an opinion. Turns out the opposite is true. I have a sneaky suspicion that people who actually voted for George W. are deep down so furious at him because his blunders have made them look like idiots too. So when they hear any kind of honest opinion about Bush they go into fits. They want us all to stay quiet until George fades into history as a failure. The only problem is two years is a long time for all of us to have to wait.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were probably scared that their "Big Business" clients would find out they had a "liberal" working for them. And unfortunately money is the only thing these people are concerned about....whether they agree with you or not.

And yes, two years with this jackass is a long, long time.

ksklein said...

Two years are long indeed! ;)

Tommy Kane said...

Nice to know there are normal people out there.

Anonymous said...

It used to be when you entered the word failure in Google and clicked on the "I'm feeling lucky" button, the presidential website would pop up. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Yun said...

2 anonymous comments on the topic of "Big Brother" and "Big Business" -- coincidence? Powerful image, Tom -- good work!

Ana Banana said...

Nice sketch...heartfelt.

Kudos to you for having the gumption to express your political views openly in this not so democratic country.

Ana Banana said...

Man, you are SO funny! I just read your bio on your website...

Like your work and your sense of humor!

Found your blog, by the way, on The Creative Blog Directory.

Tommy Kane said...

Thanks Ana Banana. Great name

martha said...

Yay - glad you are back to it. The situation is insane! Great sketch.

JoJo Yeung said...

Thanks so much for the comment : )
Your sketchs are really awesome... I can't draw like that.
I would like to be yr friend and may you have a wonderful day.

Big A said...

glad you have started posting these again! folks who voted for bush should feel like fools!